QuickBooks Payroll Service error can crop up when you are trying to send payroll service. You will encounter a message stating – “QuickBooks has encountered a problem sending your usage data”. This can be quite frustrating while working with payroll. We have analysed the problem and provided a solution below. Either method will work depending on the reason provided for this error.
Reason for Caused QuickBooks Payroll Service Error
- Time and date set is incorrect.
- There is an Accountants’ copy available.
To resolve the issue, follow instructions enumerated below for both the reasons respectively:
Method 1 – Incorrect Date and Time:
First and foremost you need to check the date and time displayed on the system where the file is located such as in case you use server, the time and date of the same server should be checked.
- To check the displayed time and date in Windows 7 and Windows 8 is correct and if not then to correct it:
- Go to Task bar at the bottom of the main screen of your system select the time displayed:
- Windows 7: Alternatively you can go to displayed time and date by clicking on Start button followed by Control Panel tab and select Date and Time option on the screen.
- Windows 8: You can check time and date from the desktop screen by going to it from the Start menu. Another way is to go to Control Panel wherein click on Clock, Language and Region option and then go to Set the time and date tab.
- Now select Change date and time settings displayed in the bottom.
- Next choose Change date and time option on the Date and Time tab on the current screen.
- Set the date and time correctly as per your zone.
- Now select OK tab.
- In case you need to change the time zone as well click on Change time zone tab.
- From the drop down menu displayed by selecting on Time Zone option, choose the time zone of your preference.
- You can also opt for Automatically Adjust Clock for Daylight Saving Time by selecting its checkbox, in case you have selected Daylight Saving Time Zone.
- Now select OK and then followed by OK tab again.
- Ensure again that the time and date displayed now is correct in the task bar.
In the case wherein the time, time zone and date were already proper, you should go toggling the time zone by changing the correct display to wrong and then correct again. Now try to send payroll data again.
Method 2 – Existence of Accountant’s Copy
- First and foremost see if there is any Accountant’s copy available on the system (Mostly QuickBooks software shows message in its title bar stating ‘Accountant’s Changes pending’)
- If you do have a copy, then it is recommended to wait for it to return back or alternatively change restriction on your own. However if you manually make changes, you might lose changes made in the copy until now. It is recommended to have a word with your Accountant before going forward with this step.
- After making changes in the restrictions of the copy manually or the return of the copy to QuickBooks, try to send it again to Intuit.
- In case you still face issue, get qbwin.log before closing the software and oversee what errors has occurred.
- In case the issue does not get resolved go and check for transactions online and send as well as delete them.
If the error is still not resolved, it is imperative that you contact the Intuit customer care team immediately and get in touch with the QuickBooks payroll support experts over there. In scenario of not getting connected with the customer care team, you can also go for alternative resolution of contacting the experts housed by www.qbpayrollhelp.com through 1-844-827-3817.